The “Regulation on the Prevention and Reduction of the Effects of Major Industrial Accidents” was published in the Official Gazette No. 30702 on March 2, 2019. Within the scope of Article 16 of this regulation, the text of informing the public has been prepared. It will be reviewed annually.
Within the scope of Article 16 of the Regulation, if the organization requests other information other than the confidential sections specified in the communiqués on major industrial accidents, the major accident prevention policy document, the major accident scenario document and the internal emergency plan, the organization shall include a non-technical summary including general information about the major accident hazards that may occur in the organization and the potential effects of these hazards and the measures to be taken. provides regulated information to those who request it.
The operator is responsible for the accuracy of the information.
1. Name of the Business and Full Address of the Organization
Commercial Name of Establishment: Kaptan Demir Çelik Endüstrisi ve Ticaret A.Ş.
Full Address of the Organization: Sultanköy Mahallesi Seymen Yolu Caddesi No:30/1 Marmara Ereğlisi – TEKİRDAĞ
2. Preparation of Major Accident Prevention Policy Document
The “Regulation on the Prevention and Reduction of the Effects of Major Industrial Accidents” was published in the Official Gazette No. 30702 on March 2, 2019.
Our organization is subject to the provisions of the “Regulation on the Prevention and Reduction of the Effects of Major Industrial Accidents”. The notification specified in Article 7 of the Regulation was made as a low-level organization by using the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization notification system (BEKRA). According to the regulation, in the case of a low-level organization, it has prepared the security report that it is obliged to prepare in accordance with Article 11.
3. Disclosure of Activities Carried Out in the Organization
NACE Code: 24.10.01. (PRODUCTION OF RAW STEEL (IN BILLET OR OTHER PRIMARY FORMS OR IN THE FORM OF EITHERRI-MADE STEEL PRODUCTS)
4. The chemicals and hazard properties within the scope of BEKRA in our organization are given below.
There are 19 chemicals in the organization within the scope of the substances specified in Annex-1 Section 1 and 2 that may cause a major accident in the regulation:
The “Regulation on the Classification, Labeling and Packaging of Substances and Mixtures” was published in the Official Gazette No. 28848 (Duplicate) on March 11, 2013 and the signs of hazard within the scope of this regulation are as follows:
5. Information on what to do in case of a major accident
In our organization, it conducts drills at least once a year to prepare for emergency situations. Teams have been formed with the Emergency Action Plan and all infrastructure preparations for the response.
If you learn of an accident involving chemical products that may occur in our establishment, please pay attention to the following information. By doing so, you contribute to your personal protection and effective intervention for all of us.
How Will I Be Informed?
- Police, gendarmerie, fire trucks
- Speaker announcements, siren sounds
- Radio & TV announcements
How Can I Recognize the Danger?
- With visible markings
- By smell
- Nausea, etc.
- Eye irritation
What Needs to Be Done First?
- Getting away from the accident scene
- Not visiting the accident site
- In nearby settlements, the person should not go out
- Helping the disabled and elderly
- Helping passersby
- Keeping windows and doors closed
- Not to turn on air conditioners/vents in facilities, offices, homes and cars Getting away from the accident scene
What Needs to Be Done Next?
- Follow the instructions of the emergency and rescue services.
- Avoid open flames (e.g. smoking, burning of the stove, etc.) due to the possible risk of explosion.
- If you are informed by the television or radio to leave the area you are in, leave your location and go to the areas in the higher code, away from the accident site.
What Should Never Be Done Under Any Circumstances?
- Do not block fire and police/gendarmerie emergency phone numbers with unnecessary queries.
- Do not leave your location, do not walk away or drive away without notifying you.
1. Information about major industrial accidents that may occur in our organization
In our organization, Emergency Procedure, Safety Plan, Disaster and Emergency Response and Evacuation Plan, Emergency Response Annual Exercise Plan, Major Accident Prevention Poli̇ti̇ka(Bköp) Document are applied for emergency intervention.
2. Our organization has made adequate arrangements at the facility, including contacting emergency services in particular to deal with major industrial accidents and minimise their impact.
3. Our organization has cooperated with emergency service units to respond to any major industrial accident.